July 23, 2016 10:00 - 5:00 pm
The 3rd European Conference of Science Journalists jointly organized by the Association of British Science Writers (ABSW) and the European Union of Science Journalists’ Associations (EUSJA), replaces the ABSW’s biennial UK Conference of Science Journalists, extending its reach to journalists throughout Europe.
The 3rd ECSJ is a conference organised by science journalists for science journalists and has four key aims:
- To discuss and debate contemporary issues in science journalism
- To encourage and provide skills for newcomers
- To promote professional development
- To enable journalists to link with colleagues, encouraging journalistic entrepreneurship
After the Conference all delegates are invited to the ABSW’s annual awards at Jodrell Bank.
- Deborah Blum, director of the Knight Science Journalism program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Publisher Undark
- James Randerson, Assistant National News Editor, The Guardian
- Sabine Louet, editor Euroscientist magazine, founder of SciencePOD, Dublin
- Dino Trescher, journalist, Constart network, Berlin
- Slobodan Bubnjevic, newspaper journalist/editor and now editor of Serbia’s Elementi website and print magazine
Association of British Science Writers & European Union of Science Journalist Association
To register for this event, please visit the ECSJ registration page.
There is no speaker associated to this event